Onyx Review

ONYX
Series: Lux #2
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Release Date: August 14th 2012
Book Length: 366 pages
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Source: Physical copy, Goodreads 
Review: 5/5 *Full Review Below.

Blurb:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


SWEET DAEMON INVASION

I loved Obsidian but this was soooo much more, more drama, more tension, more excitement and definitely lots more Daemon Black.

Onyx picks up where Obsidian left off; Katy is still trying to resist the irresistible Daemon, while Daemon is determined to convince Katy of his true feelings despite their intimate new bond. In true Daemon style the swoon-worthy charm factor is boosted up to 11 and it’s seriously like falling in love with him again. We also get to see a more vulnerable side of Daemon when it comes to his family but also just how much he truly cares about Katy, those heart-warming scenes around the holidays were beyond adorable.

The plot didn’t really kick in until much later in the book than I anticipated but the relationship between Daemon and Katy will have you turning the pages no end. We get a hot new character Blake who serves as a new love interest, this seriously annoyed me though because you usually have a love-triangle in the first book or at least they have already been introduced however it did led to some gloriously Alpha-male scenes with Daemon all put peeing a circle around Katy, which I devoured and kept me amused with all the witty remarks.

I got really annoyed with Katy in Onyx, her hot and cold attitude just started to wear a little thin and seemed to take up waaaayyy too much page space.. but then when she mentions all of the horrible things Daemon did to her in Obsidian I would be back on Team Katy! Daemon does deserve to do a bit of crawling after everything but he sure does make up for it! Going to great lengths to make Daemon pay sort of made it a bit more realistic for me well as real as a human-alien relationship can be, because if this happened to me I would seriously be making his life a living hell, having spaghetti poured on your head would be considered too nice haha!

The plot eventually thickens when the DOD comes into town looking for ‘something’ and they have now teamed up with the Arum. There are so many shocking revelations in this book I thought my eyebrows would be glued to my hairline. People who are supposed to be dead are not and the people who should be normal and trust-worthy are nothing but evil bastards!

I was originally going to give this book 4 starts but seriously the death of a much much loved character who I was seriously starting to really like completely killed me and I couldn’t not give it a 5. I really didn’t see it coming or the cheeky devastating cliffhanger they thrown in at the end? Like the last chapter, last page, last paragraph.. WTF, I knew there wouldn’t be a happily ever after just yet but I was not expecting that.


Book 3 please? :)

Share This:

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh, just wait until you read Opal. That one is my personal favourite. The ending is going to absolutely destroy you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you tease ;) Opal is a fave? Oh I must get this now!! :D

      Delete
  2. I tried Lux series last year and I did not like it. It kept reminding of Twilight series a lot. So, I gave up after reading only half of the first book! Yup I disliked it so much!
    But, after reading your post, I think I should try it once :)
    And great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait! It gets more drama filled! The next books will have you on the edge of your seat! & Daemon just keeps getting better and better! For the definition of Book Boyfriend they should put a picture of him!
    Great review and can't wait to read your thoughts on the next books!
    -Amanda @ Hearts Reading

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...