That One Night Review

THAT ONE NIGHT
Series: That One #1
Genre: NA, Romance
Release Date: June 26th 2015
Source: ARC (Thanks Josie!!), Goodreads 
Review: 3/5 *Full Review Below.

Blurb:
All it takes is just one moment to change the course of your life. For me, it was one perfect night.
I have always had a thing for my brother’s best friend, Ben. When I found him on my parents’ couch, drowning his sorrows in a whiskey bottle, my attempts to comfort him quickly turned into a night of raw and intense passion. 
My foolish heart hoped he might feel the same way I do. 
But Ben wasn’t there to stay and I woke up the next morning alone with a broken heart.
I attempted to forget the guy with a smile to die for and a touch that sets me on fire.
I thought I was over him.
I thought he was gone forever.
Until, eighteen months later Ben returns and learns my secret. Now, he is hell-bent on winning me back. 
He plays dirty. 
And he won’t stop until he gets what he wants—me.

But he has secrets of his own. 
Secrets that could destroy everything we might have and everything we are.

Not suitable for under 18's due to strong language, violence and sexual content.


This book was nothing like what I was expecting, in fact this book starts many months after this ‘one night’. I was a little gutted that I wasn’t able to read the build up to this moment however you are soon caught up to speed, also it was your typical one night stand but Wright spares no details, it will no doubt leave you more than a little hot around the collar.

Frankie the MC, has never gotten on with her family to say there was a slight ‘rift’ would be an understatement. She is clearly the black sheep of the family and is treated horribly by her parents, so she is dreading spending the Thanksgiving weekend with her family. The last person she expects to see is Ben her brother’s best friend. The last time she seen or spoken to Ben was 18 months ago after having slept together and she woke up naked, alone with nothing but a note saying ‘sorry’.  I think it’s safe to safe Frankie is more than right to hold on to some deep rooted anger towards him

I can’t say too much about the plot of the book as I would give away a major spoiler and there’s simply no way to talk around it but rest assured you are clued up at the beginning. Ben gives no explanation to Frankie or her family as to why he disappeared for 2 years but Frankie pretends not to notice or care, she just wants to make it through Thanksgiving and get home to her friends. Freedom is finally in sight but when Ben is determined to follow Frankie back home and fight for a chance at redemption and to win her back, what is she to do?

I really enjoyed the story and the relationship between Frankie & Ben. Ben was an amazing MC and his willingness to take whatever Frankie throws at him and still fight for her is commendable. Frankie on the other hand did start to irritate me a little. The book was a little too predictable for my tastes but the dark twist 3/4 of the way through had my heart hammering!! I would really recommend for lovers of romance and fans of HEA’s. All in all a wonderful debut for Wright and I look forward to her future work.

Share This:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...